Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Friday fun

PHUL and wikipedia


http://www.archangels-and-angels.com/misc/olympian_spirits.html

Ben: did anyone ever write a wikipedia article on us?
2:23 PM because this won't do
me: I did
me: took like 10 hours
some jackass permanently deleted it 2 days later
Ben: are you serious?
me: I really wish I'd saved the html
took a LOT of work
I am
Ben: like, an editor or some random person
me: all editors are essentially random people
but they gain stature with tenure
2:24 PM I'd love to try again
but I'd need to be in the right mood, and my memory is worse than it used to be
Ben: I can't believe that is something they'd delete
me: yeah, especially since discNW was up then
Ben: was it as easy to find on google as it is now?
me: PHUL? Probably not
2:25 PM Ben: for the editor to confirm?
me: I mean the article had links to the cpu site and such
so it would've been easy to find
2:27 PM Ben: did you know hampton high school's wikipedia page has their girls Ultimate championship listed?
2:28 PM me: I did not know that.
2:29 PM Ben: and montour lists Ultimate Frisbee as a spring sport in the Pittsburgh High School Ultimate League
on wikipedia
2:32 PM me: That stuff wasn't there back in the day, so that might mean our site would stick this time.
Ben: yeah
2:34 PM me: Forge should totally get a page
2:35 PM Ben: yeah, i just saw that
2:36 PM so this phul is one of 7 olympian spirits
each of who rules a factor of 7 of 196 universal provinces
which comes to 7 in numerology
2:37 PM me: "which comes to 7 in numerology"?
Ben: 1+9+6=16, 1+6=7
i can't make this stuff up
me: ah
cool
2:38 PM PHUL on the line!
Ben: but it's pretty neat that it's 7
yeah
2:42 PM and 196 is also 7+14+21...+49
is that called something in math?
2:43 PM me: It's like a factorial only with addition... It is 7*(7*4)
2:44 PM Ben: each spirit rules over earth (in place of god) for 490 years. we are currently in Ophiel's reign
Phul will begin it's reign in 2390ad
that's a long time to wait to win states
me: "There is no special name for this function. But there is a simple formula:
1 + 2 + 3 + ... + n = n(n+1)/2
The proof can be found here: http://mathworld.wolfram.com/ArithmeticSeries.html
"
something kinda like that...
2:46 PM Ben: phul's most recent governance was from 1040 to 550 bc
2:47 PM me: Who are the other spirits?
can we name the middle school league after them?
2:49 PM me: Phul is a ho-stack!
Ophiel seems to be PR's endzone play...
Ben: Ophiel: Organization of Pittsburgh High Schoolers Indoctrinating Eligible Losers
HAHAHA
2:50 PM It's funny how this is Phul and Haggith
me: Yeah, I know that's crazy
2:51 PM Ben: haggith is a ho stack play
a clogging one, but one none-the-less

No comments: